Happy New Year! Let’s Start the Year Off Right!
Happy New Year! Hello, 2020!
As I say goodbye to 2019 and the decade of the “teens,” I also say, wow, wow, wow. I learned a lot in “teens” decade; taking a look back reminds me that it definitely didn’t end up as it started out. All good and all major growth! Wheewwww!
I read a blogpost written by Shellie R. Warren on xoNecole.com entitled 10 Habits You Should Break Before the New Year Arrives. (click on the title link to read). Although the new year has already begun, it’s still not to late to follow some of these tips. Some of them really hit home for me and I thought I’d share it with you. The highlights of habits to break:
- Saying “always” and/or “never”
- Breaking promises
- Eating fast food
- Getting less than 6-8 hours of rest. Every Night.
- Investing more in others than yourself
- Not guarding your heart (in a healthy and productive way)
- Being consumed by drama
- Not physically detoxing
- Not having a personal and professional mission statement
While all of these are very, very good, I’d like to add a couple of my own habits I need to break in this new year and fast:
- Staying long after you should have made your exit – that means anywhere, a friendship, a job, a romantic relationship…anywhere
- Not respecting that your gut/instinct is 98.99% accurate
- Not creating a plan for important goals – a budget for your finances, a nutrition/weight loss plan for your health… you get the picture. A goal without a plan is just a wish!
- Not honoring who you are, with your badass self
- Not finishing what you start
- Being indecisive and not making timely important decisions
- Not having an ironclad routine to make sure things get done on a consistent basis
I could probably think of many more…how about you? Do any of these hit home for you? In this New Year, 20/20 vision will rule and we are saging all up in the corners of our lives and leaving the windows open so all negativity, insecurity, fear and anxiety fly right on out with the sage smoke. So…what habits do you want to break? Let’s do this!
Hi, it’s me, Janine Lattimore and I want to inspire and encourage you to #keepgoing! Based in the Atlanta, Georgia area, and among the many other hats I wear, I’m a writer, mother and Editor in Chief for Classy Living Society, a women’s only national community service organization. I’m here to share philosophy, inspiration, humor, a bit of inside info and tidbits I learned along life’s beautiful journey. Welcome!