Enrollment Fee - $14 (monthly) - REACH (outside of Georgia) *
*$50 admin fee - one-time processing fee to cover the cost of the online onboarding process, branded CLS t-shirt for volunteering.
The fee is to be paid in monthly installments.
(Pay in full options are available upon request)
*Payments will be drafted from your account on the 1st day of each month. CLS is on the move and we thank you for your membership!
CLS EXECUTIVE ADVOCATE
HOUSTON EXECUTIVE ADVOCATE
Sharon McDougle is a native of Moss Point, MS who has lived in La Porte, TX for the past 27 years. She is a happily married mother of two, who loves to give back through her volunteerwork. In addition to the Classy Living Society, she volunteers with Unveiled Aspirations and the Khambrel Foundation, as well as giving back on an individual basis. She is the Executive Administrator for Unveiled Aspirations and a Houston Brand Ambassador for “That Girl”.
Sharon is a “Modern Day Hidden Figure” because of her work with NASA’s Space Shuttle Program for 22 years. During her career, she suited up many astronauts in preparation for space travel. She had the honor of suiting up Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African American woman astronaut, for her historic trip into space.
Sharon garnered several career firsts of her own. She was the first African American suit tech in her department, the first and only African American woman Crew Chief, and the first and only African American to become the manager of her department. She is also a United States Air Force veteran.
Being a CLS Executive Advocate is a perfect fit for Sharon and will allow her to make connections with women who have a passion for volunteering.
CLS EXECUTIVE ADVOCATE
HOUSTON EXECUTIVE ADVOCATE
Bianca hails from Houston,Texas and after living in Brooklyn, NY for a decade moved to Atlanta, GA in 2008. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Aeronautics from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.
Bianca is a United States Air Force Veteran where she was an Air Traffic Controller. After separating from the military she continued her work as an Air Traffic Controller in the Federal Aviation Administration. Bianca is a passionate advocate for promoting STEM education and exposing young people to aviation and aerospace careers.
She is an effective communicator who connects with others effortlessly and has a heart for giving and the motivation that it takes to evoke change. Known as a social butterfly who loves to brunch, travel and volunteer, she has been working for over 10 years to help stop the exploitation and trafficking of young women and girls. Bianca has volunteered for anti-trafficking organizations in New York, Houston and Atlanta. Helping young women and girls achieve their maximum potential is the work of her life.
Bianca is a part-time travel advisor and full-time world traveler. She launched her travel club Queen Bee Travel Club earlier this year which focuses on enriching your travel experience by curating your most memorable trips. She takes care of it all which saves her clients time and money through her expert advice and first-hand experience & knowledge of all things travel.
Being a CLS Executive Advocate is a perfect fit for Bianca and will allow her to make connections with women who have a passion for volunteering.
What are the benefits of the REACH Membership?
- Classy Connect - your very own private social media site where all members virtually connect
- Bi-annual CLS “All IN” Virtual Affair/Reunion/Festivities - Twice a year, ALL Classy Living Society members will be invited to join us for an afternoon of virtual fun and celebration. Come on In!
- Virtual volunteer opportunities - creative and innovative ways to volunteer without leaving your home!
- Quarterly Virtual REACH Mixer - one of the CLS Founding Sisters will host a Zoom quarterly virtual mixer for all of our REACH members that you won’t want to miss!
- Quarterly Virtual CLS Book Club and Wine Club - quarterly get-togethers featuring experienced Sommeliers as special guests and fabulous featured Wine Club selections of the month plus lively discussions on the current book club selection.
- Get ready for laughter, girl talk and storytelling, soothing a broken heart, cheering each other on, kicking back after a week of work or celebrating our inner Superwoman - a glass of wine and your CLS sisters are always a winning combination. Our Book Club always donates to a local non-profit organization.
- CLS Talks - unique video sessions with the focus to educate and inspire as we discuss important topics related to women with experts in various fields of interest!
- Virtual Toastmasters Chapter (Classy Talkers) - Do you want to become a confident public speaker and strong leader? If so, Toastmasters is the place for you and CLS has its own chapter - the Classy Talkers! Let us help you to develop both leadership and communication skills.
- Women in Business (Classy Concessionaires) - CLS strives to promote and empower its members’ businesses on a broad scale - locally, nationally and globally! With today’s technology and social media, there’s no limit to the REACH your business can experience. CLS is dedicated to supporting and developing the growth of member businesses through networking, promotion, and patronage.
- Quarterly Dine and Discuss - CLS sisters love to dine together, discuss relevant topics, share information, and have FUN! Dine & Discuss is the perfect forum for doing just that. Dine and Discuss is held on the second Saturday of every other month!
- Weekend Give-Away Project - (Give-Away = go “away” to “give” back) Give-Aways are economical weekend excursions to various U.S. cities to participate in special community service initiatives, create sisterhood bonding and bring awareness to CLS!
- CLS Travels - Presented once a year, this is the Classy way CLS presents first-class travel and entertainment to members and their guests!
- Quarterly Society Saturdays/Unique volunteer efforts/opportunities - Get on the Bus and Volunteer at various unique locations. Meet up to board a private motorcoach with your CLS sisters to travel to various volunteer events throughout the day on a designated Saturday! A great way to volunteer and meet/rub elbows with local CLS members!
- Individual In-Person Volunteer Efforts - providing twice monthly unique opportunities to serve our communities.
- CLS Tour Events -Open to the public! Classy Living Society invites you to join us in select U.S. cities as we travel the country focused on our mission to ignite change and positively impact communities nationwide. These tours are CLS’ way of highlighting women who’ve been featured in our trendy online magazine, the Chronicles Too! CLS honors and celebrates women who are pioneers in their fields, who have succeeded in the face of adversity and who have defied the odds while using past failures to propel them to incredible successes. The phenomenal women CLS salutes are bold, fierce, passionate, strong, and exemplify leadership and integrity.
- Health and Wellness - As part of our CLS Talks series, CLS strives to reinforce the importance of a healthy lifestyle. We believe in plans that will promote strong bodies & foster amazing minds. CLS provides healthy recipes and physical fitness support to help you meet your fitness goals.
- Annual Red Dress Gala - The Red Dress Gala is an annual fundraising event hosted by Classy Living Society to benefit charities within the community. The Gala also serves to honor and applaud the extraordinary work of organizations we are passionate about, and to introduce CLS as the premier women’s volunteer organization with a sincere and deep-rooted enthusiasm for philanthropic efforts. Celebrating the Cause is a mantra which is often expressed among those who are familiar with CLS and our relentless enthusiasm for inspiring, socializing, mobilizing and encouraging like-minded women on their quest to help change the world!
- Classy Award Opportunities - The purpose of the Classy Award is to recognize a member who has provided exemplary service to the Classy Living Society and enhanced its mission and goals. Members who go over and beyond the call of duty are entered into a quarterly drawing to win great prizes!
- The Wellness Gift Program - In the quarterly Wellness Gift Program, eligible members can win one or more of the following gifts: a virtual workout, a relaxing/therapeutic massage, a healthy cookbook, introductory nutrition sessions, a wellness session, a wellness planner and more! Many of the services offered in the Program are courtesy of our CLS concessionaires. The winning member is eligible to win if they: (1) bring in the most member referrals during the quarter; or (2) achieve the most virtual community service hours during the quarter.
CLS offers a variety of membership tiers and the choice is yours – depending on your desired level of involvement! You possess the freedom to choose a more closely customized membership that’s just right for you! The Oh So Classy level offers additional private exclusive benefits including additional discounts, special events and more!
Classy Living Society Membership Tiers
Class Is In-
- CLS offers memberships to those that are currently enrolled, full time, at a college or university. Must be between the ages of 18-22.
- Free shipping on our SHADE lipstick line (5% off)
- Access to volunteer calendar for volunteer credits
- CLS mentor program
- Option to qualify for a Cap and Gown sponsorship program (value: up to $150)
- Option to qualify for a School Books sponsorship program (value: up to $300) - COMING SOON
- Volunteer credits for reading and essay writing on "Igniting Change" written by CLS Leaders. (available as e-book for $9.99)
- Quarterly newsletter featuring student/ tips/inspiration
- Access to Classy Connect, a private social media site where members can connect across the country
- Discount to annual education summit
- Must be at least a Sophomore at the collegiate level with a 2.5 GPA.
- Prior community service experience.
- *Must complete 30-day onboarding process*
Steppin' Into ClassyIntroductory membership rate
- Receive all of the above CLS Exclusive Member Benefits, Plus:
- Invite to member-only Red Dress Gala ticket
- Option to invite and purchase one guest ticket at the member-only Red Dress Gala
- CLS Wine Club – for the wine lover in you! Monthly gatherings to enjoy tastings and education on various wines!
- Option to join the Class Is In mentor program
- Invitation to monthly Classy workout/nutrition program
- Discount on Advertising in the Classy Chronicles and Vendor rates – gain maximum exposure by securing an ad for your business or event at special rates!
- CLS BizZone perks and events
- Invitation to Dine and Discuss
- Invitation to member-only Classy Hours Events that include, Learning with CLS seminars
- Women in Business – get featured as a woman in business on our weekly online blog email,#CLSontheMove with the potential to reach 200,000+ subscribers!
- Classy Concessionaire – We will cater to our business-owner members by offering our support and unique ways to market their businesses!
- *Must complete 30-day virtual onboarding process*
- 30 day cancellation policy
"What I love about CLS! Who wouldn't want to be apart of an organization with the heart to give back! The selfless acts of kindness, community service, sisterhood bonding, entrepreneurial support, and the flyest founder and CEO! All while having fun!! I'm honored to be apart of this movement!"
"I joined CLS because I love anything that gives back to the community. BUT, this group impressed me by its ability to incorporate such a large group of successful women to come together for various communities. AND, not only does it support the community, it provides a platform for businesses within the group. Sisters encouraging sisters. The world needs more of this. I am so excited for the expansion of this group. CLS is going to takeover!!!"
"I love being able to make a difference in this world. This organization not only gives me the opportunity to do so but it also gives me the opportunity to bond with so many beautiful positive women. "
R Mona Turenne
"I joined right away at my first RDG 2016 (in my head). I really wanted to join that day but was afraid to commit due to other obligations. I didn’t want to join and not be able to fulfill my obligations to the organization. I was sold by the website, the event and the love for one another that I felt in the room at the Gala. I felt this also from women that I met there. After five months watching, talking about it and keeping up with up coming events. I sign up five months later at one of CLS event. I’ve learned a lot and still learning. I’m loving every minute of it. Thanks LaShanda Pitts Founder!!"
"I joined CLS because I had a desire to serve my community and to make a difference all while creating new Sisterhood bonds with like-minded ladies. I was impressed with the diversity of volunteer opportunities that were available and so impressed with the genuine love I have been shown from day one. Love my CLS family."
"I joined CLS to get more involved in the community. CLS gives so many opportunities to make a difference in people's lives whether it is directly or indirectly. I'm working towards a greater good and it's such an amazing and rewarding feeling."
"I was first acquainted with CLS at the 2015 RDG...I was blown away by the genuine welcome, the mutual hearts for service and the spirit of sisterhood that engulfed the room. I joined for these reasons, but more importantly because I’d found an organization that fulfilled my desire to help those that are overlooked, neglected and misunderstood."