Summer is officially here! Time for lazy lounging by the pool or at the beach, barbecues, picnics, flip flops, long walks, and fun in the sun!
Aside from maintaining summer haircare and skincare, getting enough rest and indulging in nutritious foods, take the time during these beautiful summer days to pep up your mental and emotional health as well.
The sun is a natural producer of Vitamin D, one of the many nutrients essential to boosting your mood and warding off the blues. Get creative – and take some of your indoor activities outside! Given the longer hours of daylight, there’s lots more opportunity to get some sunshine!
Mental Health First Aid USA, a division of the National Council for Behavioral Health lists 15 activities to keep you feeling your best this summer.
- Ditch the couch and relax outdoors.
- Go out for a stroll.
- Explore your local farmer’s markets.
- Join a community garden – or start your own!
- Tidy one small space at a time.
- Make a summer feel-good playlist of your favorite music.
- Try a new exercise (swimming, anyone?)
- Dine al fresco – have a picnic!
- Look for interesting things going on in your community.
- Start or continue a journal.
- Reconnect with a relative or friend.
- Practice mindfulness – take a yoga class or begin meditation sessions.
- Do an at-home spa day.
- Explore new places in your town.
- Do a weekly personal needs assessment.
Self-care is important; and when you are intentional about taking care of yourself – mind, body and spirit – you tend to feel more connected to yourself and others.
Click on the link below for more from Mental Health First Aid USA on the 15 tips to make your summer a season of self-care for you!
-written by Janine Lattimore
Subscribe To "CLS on the Move"
Stay in touch with the Classy Events and Happenings in CLS.